1. They’re Having Trouble Finding Great Candidates – If the company is serious about finding great candidates and getting those positions filled, then they may outsource their recruiting to source candidates in more places, to improve their employment branding, and/or to work on the job descriptions for these positions.
2. It Takes Time and Resources Away From the Company’s Core Business – Even if a company has some sort of recruiting function, sometimes it takes away from a business’s core. This is especially true for smaller companies who might not necessarily have someone on staff to just work on recruiting. Outsourced recruiting helps those companies by allowing a consultant to do what they do best without taking away from what the rest of the company does best.
3. They Need to Reduce Their Turnover Rates – A high turnover rate can hurt a company’s bottom line, and is often a sign that there are bigger problems with the company’s recruiting functions, problems that aren’t necessarily fixed by increasing the salary or by doing a better job interviewing. In this case, an organization may outsource its recruiting to reduce turnover as well as fix those bigger problems.
4. It Levels the Playing Field – Start-ups and smaller companies will outsource their recruiting because they don’t have the resources in-house to keep up with larger competitors. By outsourcing, they can level the playing field and not have to worry about losing good talent because the competitor did a better job of selling the position or offering better benefits.
5. Their Current Recruiting Functions are Out of Control – Companies who are on the fast track, or face seasonal cycles, often have recruiting functions that are tough to handle. Fast-growing companies are having a hard time keeping up with their hiring and recruiting, while those that are seasonal may need to hire many people very quickly, only for the rest of the year to be slower. Outsourced recruiting helps these companies handle the fluctuations.
If you are interested in an in-depth discussion on outsource recruiting or if you need assistance, please contact your HR On Demand Specialist at HR Advisors today at 877.344.8324, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.