HR Advisors has developed and can provide you with the implementation of a comprehensive and effective process that gives your managers the tools to properly manage and appraise their supervised employee’s performance. The Management and Appraisal Process improve employee job performance with Best Practices Guidelines, Education and Evaluations.
Proper employee management and performance appraisal are essential components of an effective HR System.
What is Performance Management? Performance Management is an ongoing communication process, undertaken in partnership, between an employee and his or her immediate supervisor that involves establishing and documenting clear expectations and understanding about:
- The essential job functions the employee is expected to do
- How the employee’s job contributes to the goals of the organization
- What “doing the job well” means in concrete terms
- How employee and supervisor will work together to sustain, improve, or build on existing employee performance
- How job performance will be measured
- Identifying barriers to performance and removing them
Effective Performance Management is provided through the implementation of a comprehensive system with guidelines, methods, strategies and tools for managers to utilize in performing these functions.
What is Performance Appraisal? It is the obligation to employees to let them know how they are doing.
Why are Appraisals important? Employee Performance Appraisals can increase productivity of the people you manage. They help you with:
- Employee Development – The manager discusses employee strengths and how to apply them. Goals are discussed as well as plans for growth.
- Employee Motivation – A non-threatening exchange of ideas between the manager and the employee which may help to solidify the relationship.
- Employee Relations – A chance to find out how the employee feels about you, the job, and the company.
Why do some managers avoid or delay doing appraisals? Often, managers avoid or delay doing appraisals because of lack of time, feelings of discomfort in judging others, or uncertainly in how to deal with the confrontations which many feel are inevitable.
What is the HR Advisors’ Employee Management? Performance Appraisal Program will train your management team by providing the tactics, methods, conference structure and language for effectively and properly communicating with their employees to help employees to appraise and improve their performance, recognize their strengths and deficiencies. Managers will learn the documentation practices for this process and learn tips on improving this process for the mutual benefit of the company and the employee. We will also provide guidelines for the warning signs that indicate where things could go wrong in the performance management process and the proper way to conduct the appraisal and employee review process to mitigate negative outcomes for the company and how to manage termination actions and other outcomes resulting in dissolution of the employee / company relationship.
To learn how to obtain these services please CONTACT US.