HR Compliance Audit
HR Advisors' Human Resource Compliance Audit will provide you and your management team with an unbiased outside appraisal of your current HR function, and in view of the frequently changing legal requirements, an audit can identify problem areas before they become costly or embarrassing to you.
A business should run like a clockwork. Our Vice President, Ed Peterson stresses the priorities business owners should focus on.
HR Compliance Audit Process
An HR compliance audit provides you with a road map to intelligently plan your future needs.
The process includes the following:
- Ask questions pertaining to all written documents and review as necessary.
- Evaluate any files, forms and organization charts that are in place.
- Interviews with key management personnel to learn management philosophy and current HR practices.
- Prepare written analysis of the HR function and identify requirements for meeting compliance, including identification of key action items and the timeline.
After the audit, an HR Advisors' consultant can assist in developing the following vital tools if necessary, as well as responding to other HR situations and issues as they arise.
This is a sampling of tools that may be developed depending upon needs and requirements :
- A policy and procedures manual (Employee Handbook) that is comprised of company guidelines and directives. It will prepare management to handle a majority of employee related issues. While the emphasis is placed upon clarity, equity and consistency of practices, the policies will be written to encourage the use of judgment and discretion in their application.
- An equitable and competitive Compensation Program that can help motivate employees to achieve and maintain high performance and productivity levels.
- Job Analysis and Job Descriptions for correct employee classifications (exempt vs non-exempt), pay differentials and overtime/shift premiums.
- Performance Reviews and Promotion Procedures
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (mandatory requirements)
- New Hire Orientation Program
- Rules, Regulations and Discipline Procedures
- Hiring Processes
- Termination Process
- Health and Safety Program
- An Injury and Illness Prevention Program
Major issues that, by law, should be addressed are:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Equal Pay
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Immigration Reform & Control Act (IRCA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Consumer Credit Protection Act
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Worker's Compensation
- Injury/Illness Prevention Plans
- Jury/Witness Duty Leave
- Military Duty Leave
- Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Sexual Harassment
- New State and Federal Laws
The final audit report contains the following:
- Executive Summary
- Audit Observations and Recommendations
- Recommended Action Plan
We can also be engaged to work with the company on a longer term basis to respond to the recommended action plan and/or other HR matters.
For more information on our Human Resources Compliance Audit, please contact us.